Ontario Drug Importation Defence Lawyers
The penalties associated with convictions for drug offences vary depending on the severity of the offence, but even convictions for relatively minor offences can result in a criminal record that could impact employment prospects and more. Major drug offence convictions can result in lengthy periods of incarceration.
At the law firm of Hicks Adams, our criminal defence lawyers possess more than a century of combined experience. Every day, we use that experience to defend people like you against drug charges of all types. We have built an impressive record of positive results.
• Defence Against All Types of Drug Charges
Our lawyers can defend against drug crimes involving all types of controlled substances, including marijuana,
cocaine, crack, heroin, meth, ecstasy and even prescription drugs. Some of the charges that we frequently
defend against include:
• Drug possession: having even a small amount of an illegal substance on your person, in your home or in
your car during a traffic stop can result in these charges.
• Drug trafficking: distribution of drugs, even on a relatively small scale, can result in drug trafficking charges.
• Drug production and marijuana grow ops: cultivation of marijuana or manufacture of any other drug can
lead to these charges.
• Drug importing: these serious charges involving transporting drugs from one country to another, such as
from Jamaica to Canada via plane. People at all levels of a drug importation operation can face these
charges, although it is often the middle man or the low level "drug mule" who is caught crossing a border
and arrested. We are one of the largest and most experienced criminal law firms in the country. We have
the resources to defend you, regardless of the severity of the drug charge you are facing. An acquittal is
always our primary objective.
Contact Us for a Free Drug Charge Consultation
Our experienced Toronto drug possession and trafficking defence lawyers are ready to defend your rights.