Ontario Criminal Defence Lawyers
A conviction for an assault charge will have a major impact on your life. Not only will it result in incarceration, you will have a criminal record. An assault conviction on your record can impact your employment prospects, your ability to travel and more.
At the law firm of Hicks Adams, our team of lawyers possesses more than a century of combined experience. By choosing our law firm, you are making the choice to be represented by a lawyer with extensive experience defending against assault charges of all types.
Defence Against All Types of Assault Charges
There are several types of assault charges, varying in severity. Our criminal defence lawyers can defend against all of them, including:
• Simple assault: a simple assault charge can result from a variety of actions, such as pushing or even
making threats of violence.
• Assault with bodily harm: if an assault results in a physical harm, such as a black eye or a similar
injury, the charge can be upgraded to assault with bodily harm.
• Aggravated assault: if an assault results in serious injuries, such as a broken arm or leg, the charge
can be upgraded to the much more severe charge of aggravated assault.
• Assault with a weapon: this charge can result from an assault involving any type of weapon, such as a
knife, firearm or even a random object used as a weapon.
• Domestic assault: this is a charge involving a conflict between husband and wife or two other parties in
some sort of domestic relationship.
As one of the largest and most experienced criminal law firms in Canada, we have extensive resources that we will use to defend you against any assault charge you are faced with. An acquittal is always our primary objective.
Contact Us for a Free Assault Charge Consultation
Our experienced Toronto assault charge lawyers are ready to defend your rights.